The purpose of the Mile Hi Jeep Club of Colorado is to unite adventure loving people
in worthwhile 4-wheel drive activities; to educate its members in the proper manner
of all road driving; to protect and preserve the natural beauty and terrain; to participate,
on a voluntary basis, in search and rescue and other humanitarian missions as the
community needs; to share good fellowship while operating our vehicles in a manner
so as to preserve and protect our land for all generations; and to extend the courtesy
of the open road to all.
What is the procedure for joining the MHJC?
- To join the Mile-Hi Jeep Club you can simply show up at the monthly meeting fill
out a membership form and pay the dues for the first year. Dues are currently $60
a year. Your dues include membership in the Colorado Association of Four Wheel Drive
Clubs, Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition, and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. Annual
membership is from June to June. If you join before or after your membership will
be prorated at $5 per month. You will be considered a Prospective Member until you
select the Patrol you wish to be a part of. Once you join a Patrol you will receive
your MHJC Licence plate and voting rights in the club. Come by the parent club meeting
and meet the patrol leaders to figure out which patrol would work the best for you.
- You can also become a Prospective Member by downloading the membership form here
and mail with your check to:
Mile-Hi Jeep Club
P.O. Box 1777
Wheat Ridge, CO 80034-1777
Attention Membership Committee
Click here for monthly Parent Club meeting information and directions.
What are patrols?
- The Mile-Hi Jeep Club is divided into groups called patrols. Each patrol has a different
style of wheeling. Some prefer short day trips, and some love to RV up in the mountains
for the weekend. Some prefer easy to moderate trails, and some like to compete in
Click here for patrol information.
How do I join a patrol?
- When you join the club, you need to choose a patrol that suits you. Ask around at
a club meeting and see how people describe their own patrol. Some patrols have minimum
requirements such as the number of meetings you have to attend before you can join.
Do I need to be a member to go wheeling with you?
- For the first few trails, you don't need to be a member. You are encouraged to join
if you like the club and would like to continue attending our events.
What kind of equipment do I need to take with me on a trip?
- At the very minimum, you should have front and rear tow hooks and a full size spare
tire. You should also bring lunch and lots of drinks. Spare fluids such as oil, diff
fluid, and brake fluid are good to have with you.
How long do trips usually last?
- A normal day trip lasts 6 to 8 hours. This all depends on how far the trail is and
how many vehicles show up. The more vehicles, the longer the trip will probably last.
Do I have to own a Jeep to become a MHJC member?
- No, if you vehicle has 4-wheel drive , you're welcome to join.